Search squid archive

squid-2 delay pool changes - statistics, new ACL

G'day,

I've recently committed some changes to the delay pool code in squid-2.HEAD.

* Statistics for traffic transferred per-bucket and per-aggregate in each pool
  can be fetched via "cachemgr mgr:delay2". Its in a machine-friendly format
  (a la "cachemgr mgr:5min") and its useful primarily to make certain that your
  delay pool ACLs are placing traffic in the correct pools and buckets.

* I've committed some work to include a "delayed" ACL format for delay pools.
  The client coded up a basic patch to allow replies to come in at full speed until
  a certain size was reached, then the server-side connection was placed in the
  delay pool. This way you can allow full-speed downloads for small objects and
  throttle large downloads after a certain size.

  The (initial!) changeset for this which describes what is going on can be found
  at:

  http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/HEAD/changesets/12030.patch

* I've modified the delay pool ACL descriptions to point out they work on -requests-
  and not -replies-. Talk to me privately if you'd like to see -reply- processing
  for delay pools - it shouldn't take me long to do (I'd guess 10 or 20 hours
  to code it up, test and commit) so a little sponsorship there would be useful.

  This will let you do things like placing urls based on reply Content-Type Headers,
  etc, into different delay pools (ie, what people were trying to do a few weeks ago
  on squid-users.)

Thanks!

Adrian