Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] squid does not cache

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Oliver Joa wrote:

hi,

i have a problem with squid-2.5-STABLE6, but i also tried STABLE9 and squid-3. Everytimes the same, squid does not cache dynamic pages in acceleration-mode:

on this url i sometimes get a HIT, but most often not:

http://derivatetool.finanztreff.de/derivate/5/derivate_news.htm

http://www.ircache.net/cgi-bin/cacheability.py?query=http%3A%2F%2Fderivatetool.finanztreff.de%2Fderivate%2F5%2Fderivate_news.htm

make sure your clock is running proper on both proxy and web server. With as short expiry times as there is on this page (30 seconds) only a few seconds time difference can make a big difference.

if i use authorization:

http://oink:oink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/derivate/5/derivate_news.htm

This is not a standard URL format. Browsers will react quite differently to this URL format.

First I used a squid as redirector for loadbalancing. In this configuration I never got a Hit. I thougth that maybe it is not possible to cache

caching in accelerator mode is exactly the same as in proxy mode.

Regards
Henrik