Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] squid does not cache

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Oliver Joa wrote:

hi,

i have a problem with squid-2.5-STABLE6, but i also tried STABLE9 and squid-3. Everytimes the same, squid does not cache dynamic pages in acceleration-mode:

on this url i sometimes get a HIT, but most often not:

http://derivatetool.finanztreff.de/derivate/5/derivate_news.htm

http://www.ircache.net/cgi-bin/cacheability.py?query=http%3A%2F%2Fderivatetool.finanztreff.de%2Fderivate%2F5%2Fderivate_news.htm

make sure your clock is running proper on both proxy and web server. With as short expiry times as there is on this page (30 seconds) only a few seconds time difference can make a big difference.

I use ntp to synchronise the clocks. It is working, the times are identical.

if i use authorization:

http://oink:oink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/derivate/5/derivate_news.htm

This is not a standard URL format. Browsers will react quite differently to this URL format.

Yes i know, I only wanted to demonstrate it.

First I used a squid as redirector for loadbalancing. In this configuration I never got a Hit. I thougth that maybe it is not possible to cache

caching in accelerator mode is exactly the same as in proxy mode.

Ok, but why does it not still cache?

Thanks

olli