Fwd: New SPICE client for Android

Accidentally ended up in my inbox.

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "i iordanov" <iiordanov@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Marian Krcmarik" <mkrcmari@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:40:09 AM
Subject: Re:  New SPICE client for Android

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I've released v3.2.7 of aSPICE which has
(in the advanced settings) the ability to select Native Landscape
(default), Native Portrait or a Custom resolution. In this case, "Native"
pertains to the native resolution of your device, naturally.

Upon connection, if the resolution of the remote display does not match the
preference, the requisite resolution is selected.

A couple of things that I noticed with my test Ubuntu 12.04 VM:
- The X server has a selection of resolutions that do not necessarily match
a device's native resolution. The next smaller resolution that fits is
chosen by the server automatically.
- There do not appear to be any "portrait" modes supported by the X server
with the QXL driver, and so when selecting Native Portrait mode the server
chooses 640x480 when using my Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

Tell me how you like it!

Cheers,
iordan

--
The conscious mind has only one thread of execution.