Re: New SPICE client for Android

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 1:11 AM,   wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I put together my multi-touch UI from bVNC with spice-gtk to create a SPICE
> client for Android called aSPICE. It has integrated SSH tunneling
> functionality. The entire project is open source, and is currently based on
> spice-gtk v.0.19. The source is available here:
> https://github.com/iiordanov/bVNC
>
> There are a free and a donation version of aSPICE:
>
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iiordanov.freeaSPICE
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iiordanov.aSPICE

Hi,
I picked up the donation version and installed it on my phone (Samsung
S2 with Android 4.1.2) and even if the device is not the ideal screen
to test, it works very well !
My preliminary test was with an up2date fedora 17 as the host (my
laptop) and a fedora 19 beta system as the guest

hostapd on host, configured with virbr0 as the bridge and wlan0 as the
interface so that dhcp and other network parameters are naturally
given by libvirtd/dnsmasq to the phone ;-)

Very smooth and sensitive: tried zoom and firefox and quite good experience.
Also login, logout and poweroff without any input problem

Thanks!

Next device will be my Transformer Prime TF201 with 4.1.1...

Gianluca