Looking for help to start learning Spice through bugfix/design

Hello Spice developers,

First of all, let me thank you for your great software! I'm using it daily since recently and I'm very excited about it. Certainly the best in class for Linux guests (at minimum)!

I want to contribute to the Spice project and currently I'm seeking for a starting point aside of reading manuals. I'm not quite tough a developer to get in and confirm my seriousness with a set of patches or a new feature, so I hope for your guidance.

A few words about me and my interests. I don't have any experience in contributing to free/opensource project yet, though I'm using GNU/Linux since early 200x and watching related news etc. Hope I can finally contribute back to this wonderful ecosystem...

I have about 10+ years exp in C++, but I'm not a 'senior' developer or guru (yet). At the moment I'm a leader of a dev team responsible for a "Unified Communications for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure" product from one well-known enterprise vendor (if interested, watch this fairly good 3 min video describing what it is, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsvUDF827R8; the name is in video, not providing it here to not advertise it - you can google up some more info, not so much as this is enterprise product without any free/trial version unfortunately). Basically it is cross-platform (thanks to Qt&Boost) SIP phone with proprietary SIP stack and extensions, and with Google WebRTC media (slightly tuned&fixed for this role). Supported VDI - VMWare (with its View Horizon) and Citrix (XenDesktop). This is fairly new project and, unfortunately, Spice isn't included in the supported list (M$ RemoteFX as well) - probably due to enterprise nature and customers/sales chain specifics (banks, govmnt etc).

I have a few points of interest in Spice growing from my professional interest in VoIP solutions for VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure; not referring to virtual device interface in this mail). I'm thinking about how to improve VDI components to allow VoIP application working with best possible quality without much specific work from its developers - unlike our approach of additional VoIP client (and this can be applied to any "media-consuming" application actually). I'll share my ideas in a separate mail later, maybe someone has similar thoughts or even works on this in Spice project.

As of now I'm looking for some fairly easy work for a Spice newcomer - to get started and learn some basics of Spice.

--
Best regards,
Fedor