Re: New SPICE client for Android

Hi David,

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 11:51 AM, David Jaša <djasa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

would you mind adding your projects to f-droid repository? The more
open-source apps are there, the better. :)

Absolutely, I only learned about f-droid a few days ago.

I also noticed no SSL/TLS connection options, did you have problems
building it, or is it just omitted from the GUI?

It's just ommitted from the GUI. I wasn't sure how to include the functionality.

One way is to add a checkbox with a description that reads something along the lines of:

"Use TLS"

Which would make the "SPICE port" value a TLS port, and aSPICE would only connect over TLS at that point.

The other possibility is to add another connection option to the drop-down list which reads SPICE over TLS, and not have a checkbox at all. The resulting functionality would be above (aSPICE would connect only over TLS).

Is there a use-case where people would want to enter both a non-TLS and a TLS port at the same time? I personally want to be sure I've connected over TLS when I've explicitly indicated I would like to connect over TLS :D.

Anyway, I've tried it and it works really nice!

I'm glad it works well for now :). Do not hesitate to let me know of any issues you (inevitably will) discover.

Cheers!
iordan

--
The conscious mind has only one thread of execution.