Re: windows 10 setting up SoX for live-streaming Mikrophone-->---LAN--------Soundcard realtime audio-transmission

H Alan & others,

I have some experience with distribution of  AV over IP.

Various encoding algorithms produce some delay between picture and audio even over short distances.

Most of the play code has some vernier adjustment to sync the words and picture.

Some encoding allows a FEC adjustment.

Inevitably there is some buffering so 'live' DTV is actually a bit behind the origination. More so than it was in analogue.

Playout with some dedicated program like VLC is often better then Firefox or Chrome or Safari [or ..]

Problems can start with the source. So a camera limitation can control the whole chain.

Pick the software : [ big blue ]

Run it up on the best hardware you can find.

Use the best possible cameras for the head end.

That said you can get some amazing video from cameras that don't cost huge amounts.

Browser implementation of DTV is a challenge as there are an incredible number of standards.

I am currently monitoring an on line feed of a FTA TV channel where the live presenter audio is out of sync but the video clips are in sync.

I suspect the TS from the live studio is at a higher resolution needing more time to process.

Digital has a lot of advantages but it comes with a lot of things that have to be allowed for.

regards

Robert