Re: windows 10 setting up SoX for live-streaming Mikrophone-->---LAN--------Soundcard realtime audio-transmission

On 26/04/21 5:06 am, Stefan Ludwig via Sox-users wrote:
small bandwidth/overloaded server

Time for some advanced IT Stefan!

You will have a computer in your source room with a camera & Microphone feeding the streaming software.

You may have a return feed from the 2nd Room.

Install a second network in your Source and Client Computers

If the school uses 192.168.x.x pick 10.0.x.x or vice versa.  You just need some exclusive addressing.

Install a router with one lead to your server and a second lead Cat6 into the adjacent room.

The local network can run at the same time as the School network in case you need to bring in www.

This way your video is not being routed via dodgy cable or even more dodgy WiFi through some central office router serviced by a stop motion geek who communicates in a foreign tongue that even Spock can't identify.

Maybe edit that out if you're sending it on.

If you can't kreg a router you can make your source IP static and have the client PC connect direct no need for DNS so a simple switch will manage the connection.

regards Robert

PS I showed my son the Teacher and school IT guy how to use a redundant phone cable to get IP 50 -60m under a concrete quadrangle and into a junction cabinet in the wall adjacent to the classroom where a teacher was delivering to students at home.  2 x 2pr cable = 4pr which is enough for 10baseT We got 100mb/s both ways. Switch at either end cleaned up any cable errors.  Observe; Adapt; Adopt; Son never ceases to be amazed at Father. Father remembers time when we had wind up telephones.

--
Robert Jeffares
Communication Consultants