Re: windows 10 setting up SoX for live-streaming Mikrophone-->---LAN--------Soundcard realtime audio-transmission

On Apr 25 19:06:45, sox-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Ah ! I forgot to write about the real situation: *live*-streaming across the
> local network.
>
> I'm working as a teacher and have to teach a class that is separated into
> two halfs
> each half in its own room to limit the number of persons per room.
>
> I'm forced to use Big Blue Button as the video-conference solution.

Well, you already have your tool to do it then.

> Though the bandwidth of the internetconnection and/or the server-"bandwidth"
> to process the video-sreaming-data
> for a lot of conferences at the same time.   Is limited which causes lagging
> of the audio.

I find it strange that a video conferencing software would not keep sync
(not that it lags _as_a_whole_, that's understandable). Do you meen to
say that tha audio lags out of sync of how much the video lags?

> Under this circumstances (small bandwidth/overloaded server)   Big Blue
> Button is more like a   Little-Black-Hole
> that disrupts the data into nowhere-nexus  ;-)
>
> So I'm searching for an alternative for "*live*-streaming the audio.

That might make the audio even more out of sync with the audio.

> If the rooms are next to each other an oldfashioned analog microphone
> connected to an oldfashioned analog amplifyer
> with a 50m long speaker-cable has 0 Milliseconds latency and is
> "rock-stable" as a neutron-star

Do youself a favour and install two unix machines;
this becomes a non-issue.

At any rate, this doesn't have much to do with sox.

	Jan