Re: multitasking

On Oct 25 20:25:10, ghe2001@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > But you don't have a billion little flacs, you have one huge flac.
> > (BTW, why? Is this the complete Nibelungs?)
>
> No. But it's The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest and the like.

(Ah, it's you.)

> It comes in a billion little wavs that get converted
> to a billion little flacs

Surely not a billion. I would says tens or at most hundreds,
being a reading of a book ...

> and them cat'ed into one huge flac (SoX, BTW, has no trouble
> with a command line with 250+ params).

OK, hundreds then.

> They all have to be cat'ed for
> the effects  to be consistent throughout.

I understand that you need to e.g. normalize the whole thing,
as opposed to normalizing each piece first and then concating.
But that assumes the individual pieces are well mastered,
e.g. the relative volume of each is what it is supposed to be.

> > You still haven't told us what exactly
> > you want to do with the single input file.
>
> I don't know yet. There are a lot of decisions to be made, probably
> different for every file/user.

That's the opposite of what you said before: you have one huge file,
so what "every file" do you mean? And if you want to process each
of the pieces differently, why do you have the one huge file?