Re: volume extremely low when combining many files

> On Sep 27, 2016, at 4:30 PM, Erich Eckner <erich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi Bob,
>
> yes, I saw your post (but had other stuff to do) - thanks for the reminder.
>
> The problem seems to be the "speed" effect, which implies a "rate"
> effect, which uses ffts and thus the zero from the pad effect may become
> nonzero (but close to).
>
> My suggestion is to either use "speed" on sound0000 and generate an
> intermediate file or to explicitely use the "rate" effect _before_ "pad"
> (but I'm not sure, the latter works).
>
> cheers, Erich

Actually, I know earlier I said that the ‘-D’ option did not work for me, but I just tried it again since it seemed like dithering was suspect, and this time it worked!  I don’t know what happened before, maybe I put it in the wrong place.

It still gives me that warning about pads not being applied, but it seems like they ARE being applied, so I don’t know what is up with that.  But it is working now — it was the -D option.

Thanks for all the help!

Bob