Re: volume extremely low when combining many files

Hi Bob,

I think the problem is related to "dither". Two suggestions:
try disabling dither ("-D") in all but the last sox command and
try to minimize the number of "snippets" you combine, e.g.: put
non-overlapping sounds in one file in the first step. This way you will
end up with less dither-noise.

cheers,
Erich