Re: "delay" the other way

> Anatoly wrote:
>
> I have been using a command that puts together a stereo
> file based on two other input files and delays one of them
> by a value I determine previously.
>
> So, now I need to actually shift my first channel audio the
> other way. I was trying delay -0.5 and it failed.
>
> Is there an easy work around?

> I'd prefer not to shift channel 2 because I am actually
> putting SMPTE data into it, and I'd like it to be correctly
> aligned to the real time, rather than have a random offset.

It's not possible to advance anything.  SoX is amazing, but
it cannot predict the future, therefore it cannot apply a
negative delay.  The only way it could simulate this is by
adding delay to all the other channels - which you don't want
to do because the SMTPE timecode won't match realtime.

So until SoX can travel in time, I don't see a solution.