Re: "delay" the other way

On 2016-03-25 15:16, Anatoly L wrote:
> I have been using a command that puts together a stereo file based on
> two
> other input files and delays one of them by a value I determine
> previously.
>
> sox -M input1.wav input2.wav output.wav trim 0 300 delay 0.5 0 remix 1
> 2
>
> So, now I need to actually shift my first channel audio the other way.
> I was trying delay -0.5 and it failed.
>
> Is there an easy work around?

Would you not then use: delay 0 0.5       to delay right channel instead
of
left channel?

Also (I'm new to this, so this may be a stupid question), is the "remix
1 2" on the
end of your command actually needed?  Is it because input1 and input2,
once merged,
have more than two channels in them?

Also... it might be simpler, rather than merging channel then fiddling
with delays to
prepare slightly different versions of input1 or input2, then merge them
without a
delay parameter.

For example, you could use the 'pad' effect to add a short length of
silence to one or
other input file, then merge that longer file with the other original
input file.

I'm sure this kind of thing is easier to do in stages, at first, rather
than trying
to find one command that will do everything.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own