Re: [Sipping] Is SDP in an unreliable response "the answer" ???

Hi,

>On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Christer Holmberg
><christer.holmberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>A copy of the SDP answer can be sent unreliably, and the
>>UAC can use it, but the "real" SDP answer must still be sent reliably.
>
>If you say it like that, can a UAC ignore the "real" SDP
>answer, if it received a precursor of the SDP answer in an
>unreliable response?

It depends on what we mean by "ignore".

It can ignore the SDP CONTENT, but it cannot ignore the fact that it now receives the SDP answer in a reliable response, that terminates the offer/answer transaction.

I know it sounds messy, and that's why I wouldn't like to say anything else than the SDP in a unrelaible resposne is a copy of the SDP answer - nothing more. It's a copy of the answer, the UAC can assume it is identical to the answer, but it is NOT the answer :)

As soon as we start talking about sending SDP answer in unreliable responses people may think that it finishes the offer/answer transaction, and then we need lots of text saying that is not the case... Confuses it does.

Regards,

Christer