Re: [Sipping] New version posted: draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-11.txt

Hi,

>>> Certainly there is no problem with continuing to discuss that.
>>> But I didn't see any reason to mention it in this draft any longer.
>>
>>Wouldn't it be good to still describe the problem, but maybe indicate that the solution is outside the scope of
>>the document?
>
>IMO, such a statement in an RFC tends to get stale with time.
>
>What do others think? Do you want this document to go to RFC containing
>statements of work we might want to do in the future?

In my experience it is not unusual to state that something is outside the scope of a document.

We don't need to say what may, and may not, be done in the future, simply say that it is outside the scope of THIS document.

Regards,

Christer

        Thanks,
        Paul