From: sipping-bounces@xxxxxxxx [sipping-bounces@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Paul Kyzivat [pkyzivat@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2010 7:48 PM
To: sipping-chairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: sipping
Subject: [Sipping] New version posted:  draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-11.txt

I just posted a new version of the offeranswer draft.
This version is intended to resolve all outstanding issues.

Here is a summary of substantial changes made:

- the open issues that were previously in section 6 were
   removed. The doc has been updated as needed to be consistent
   with conclusions about how to deal with those issues.
   Specifically:

   - Rejecting PRACK offer has simply been dropped.
     There has been no ongoing interest in no normative work
     to support doing that.

   - Commit/Rollback of Offer/Answer on Unsuccessful re-INVITE
Transaction has been resolved by reference to
     draft-camarillo-sipcore-reinvite-01. New text referencing
     that has been added at multiple places in the document.

   - Loosening requirement for Offer in a Reliable Response:
     Again there has been no indication of intent to do anything
     in this space, so the topic has simply been dropped.

   - Requesting Hold while already on Hold:
     This was already addressed in the main body of the document.
     The issue was whether this was appropriate, since it rests on
     the interpretation of certain text in 3261 being non-normative.
     That assumption has been restated in the main body.
     I'm unaware of any argument to that in over two years.

- The recommendations for addition of new o/a usage in sip
   (prior section 7) has also been dropped. While these may have
   been helpful during discussion of the draft, they aren't
   helpful after it is finalized.

- I rearranged the order of authors since Takuya has been unavailable
   to work on it for some time. However I have retained him as an author
   because the preponderance of the text is still his.

In addition there hare assorted miscellaneous minor cleanups.

        Thanks,
        Paul