Re: I-DAction:draft-loreto-sipping-context-id-requirements-02.txt

Hi,

[JRE] Most devices support transfer anyway, so it is a case of adding
3PCC support. Yes, that is non-trivial. But also adding support at a
multi-media terminal for interworking with remote users where media are
spread across 2 terminals is also non-trivial, and will multi-media
terminal vendors be motivated to do this?

You just need to play/show both streams... the fact that they are handled by different dialogs is not important for the media libraries. In fact, some user agents use different media libraries for different media types even if both streams are handled by the same dialog.

[JRE] I don't want to block any work on exploring the solution space for
the general problem, which is for a user participating in a multi-media
session to use different devices for different media. However, I would
like the requirements expressed in a way that does not limit the
solution space unnecessarily.

As it has been pointed out, you can already do that by using 3pcc plus a few already existing session transfer mechanisms... it works, although it is complex. If we want to do something new, it will involve several dialogs. Otherwise, there is nothing to do.

Cheers,

Gonzalo