Re: [RFC] Split up policycoreutils

On 10/24/2016 11:15 PM, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> On 10/24/2016 09:21 AM, Stephen Smalley wrote:
>>> I would be in favor of that too, but hesitated to do so because it would
>>> require moving audit2allow and semanage out of policycoreutils as well.
>>> Fedora does package those as part of policycoreutils-python (along with
>>> sepolgen).  Arguably audit2allow isn't necessary for production (but
>>> many users of SELinux in Linux distributions rely on it), but semanage
>>> is more fundamental these days.
>>>
>>> However, if people are open to moving sepolicy, audit2allow, and
>>> semanage, possibly combining them with sepolgen in a new
>>> subdirectory/package, then we could explore that.
>> We'd also need to move chcat, since it imports seobject.  However, on
>> that topic, is there any reason to retain chcat?  It was created for the
>> original discretionary MCS model and I'm not sure it is used anymore by
>> anyone.

> I would suggest we remove it.

I would not mind terribly removing it either but I prefer that we first
see if we can fit this in somewhere else. I do not see this as a core
utility but if someone wants to implement the old MCS model then one
should be able to do so.

Key fingerprint = 5F4D 3CDB D3F8 3652 FBD8  02D5 3B6C 5F1D 2C7B 6B02
https://sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3B6C5F1D2C7B6B02
Dominick Grift