Re: [RFC] Split up policycoreutils

On 10/21/16 13:47, Stephen Smalley wrote:
policycoreutils started life as a small set of utilities that were
necessary or at least widely used in production on a SELinux system.
Over time though it has grown to include many optional components, and
even within a given subdirectory (e.g. sepolicy) there seem to be a
number of components that should be optional (e.g. the dbus service).
I'd like to propose that we move a number of components out of
policycoreutils into their own top-level subdirectory (possibly grouping
some of the related ones together).

I'm not sure where the main part of sepolicy should go, but it would be nice to split it out since it depends on setools which has heavier dependencies than a core system package should typically have IMO (NetworkX, which pulls in scipy, numpy, matplotlib, etc.)

--
Chris PeBenito