Re: CentOS 5 RBAC

On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 02:49:26PM +0100, Roy Badami wrote:

> >>Any idea what it is that gives sysadm_t write access to selinux_config_t:file ?
> >>
> >>I can see the rule when I opne the binary policy in apol but I haven't had much luck tracking down where it comes from in the policy source.
> >The auth_manage_all_files_except_shadow() call in userdom_admin_user_template().
> >

> Ah, thank you!  I would never have found that on my own, given the
> number of macros and attributes that everything indirects through!
>
> So I'm beginning to realise that sysadm_r is probably the wrong
> starting point for me.  I think what I really want to be doing is
> probably creating a new 'limited admin' role (perhaps based on
> staff_r) and adding in only those permissions the role actually
> needs.

You could create a new role based off of the userdom_base_user_template, and then map this newly created role to the staff_u user. So that staff_u can newrole to the "new role". Then just tailor the role to your requirements.

A key property of the "base_user_template" is that this is not a login user template. So the role can only be access through newrole/su. The new role cannot interact with user home directories.