CentOS 5 RBAC

I'm trying to understand the RBAC features in the version of the mls (and also strict) policies that ship with CentOS 5.6 - I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask or if there's a more appropriate list.

Starting with the mls policy, and setting the secure_mode_loadpolicy boolean to 'on' I then get that *neither* sysadm_r *nor* secadm_r can issue commands such as setenforce. Yet userdomain.te contains the following code:

ifdef(`strict_policy',`
[...]
        optional_policy(`
                seutil_run_restorecon(sysadm_t,sysadm_r,admin_terminal)
                seutil_run_runinit(sysadm_t,sysadm_r,admin_terminal)

                ifdef(`enable_mls',`
userdom_security_administrator(secadm_t,secadm_r,{ secadm_tty_device_t sysadm_devpts_t })
#                       tunable_policy(`allow_sysadm_manage_security',`
userdom_security_administrator(sysadm_t,sysadm_r,admin_terminal)
#                       ')
                ', `
userdom_security_administrator(sysadm_t,sysadm_r,admin_terminal)
                ')
        ')
[...]
')

Now as far as I can see from the specfile the mls policy passes NAME=mls TYPE=strict-mls to the makefile, and the makefile in turn defines strict_policy and enable_mls in response to TYPE=strict-mls - and yet as far as I can tell from running apol the actual binary policy in the selinux-policy-mls RPM ends up not containing any TE rule to allow sysadm_t or secadm_t to run setenforce - despite the fact that it would appear that the userdom_security_administrator macro should appear to expand into such rules.

What am I overlooking here?

Just out of interest, I then went and tried the strict policy. Yet this policy doesn't even have a secadm_r and again I don't understand why. The specfile builds it with NAME=strict TYPE=strict-mcs and from my reading of the makefile an -mcs policy should again set enable_mls. And kernel.ke continas the following, so I don't quite see why the policy doesn't end up containing these roles.

ifdef(`enable_mls',`
        role secadm_r;
        role auditadm_r;
')

Any pointers to what I'm missing here would be appreciated.

Regards

Roy

--
Roy Badami