Re: CentOS 5 RBAC

Any idea what it is that gives sysadm_t write access to selinux_config_t:file ?

I can see the rule when I opne the binary policy in apol but I haven't had much luck tracking down where it comes from in the policy source.
The auth_manage_all_files_except_shadow() call in userdom_admin_user_template().

Ah, thank you! I would never have found that on my own, given the number of macros and attributes that everything indirects through!

So I'm beginning to realise that sysadm_r is probably the wrong starting point for me. I think what I really want to be doing is probably creating a new 'limited admin' role (perhaps based on staff_r) and adding in only those permissions the role actually needs.

Thanks again,

roy

--
Roy Badami