Re: FUSE and SELinux labeling

On Sun, 2011-05-15 at 17:47 -0700, Sam Gandhi wrote:
> I am running latest fuse 2.8.5 and I have tried several options of
> using context=..
> I haven't been successful in mounting file system with label that I
> know exists. Have been successful in doing so?
>
> I have tried using hello program from fuse example to mount directory
> as shown below:
>
> hello -o context=user_u:object_r:tmpfs_t /mn/tmp/
> and that doesn't work.

If you run it under strace -s 1024, you can look at the mount system
call and see whether it passed the context= mount option to the kernel
or not.  I suspect that it didn't pass it along and that is why it
didn't work.  Is there a way to directly mount your fuse fs via the
regular mount command (ala ntfs-3g) so that mount options are preserved
properly?

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency