Re: FUSE and SELinux labeling

Hello Dominick,

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 8:36 AM, Dominick Grift <domg472@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 05/15/2011 04:40 PM, Sam Gandhi wrote:
>> Hi
>>

>> Is there a FAQ or some description on what one needs to do to enable
>> labeling on files created under a fuse filesystem?
>
> fusefs does not support extended attributes, and so you cannot label
> files on it.
>
> You can however, probably, mount fusefs filesystems with a security context.
>
> See man mount for information as to how to mount partitions with a
> security context (context="security context here")

I am running latest fuse 2.8.5 and I have tried several options of
using context=..
I haven't been successful in mounting file system with label that I
know exists. Have been successful in doing so?

I have tried using hello program from fuse example to mount directory
as shown below:

hello -o context=user_u:object_r:tmpfs_t /mn/tmp/
and that doesn't work.

Only option fuse mount seems to support are:

    -d   -o debug          enable debug output (implies -f)
    -f                     foreground operation
    -s                     disable multi-threaded operation

    -o allow_other         allow access to other users
    -o allow_root          allow access to root
    -o nonempty            allow mounts over non-empty file/dir
    -o default_permissions enable permission checking by kernel
    -o fsname=NAME         set filesystem name
    -o subtype=NAME        set filesystem type
    -o large_read          issue large read requests (2.4 only)
    -o max_read=N          set maximum size of read requests

    -o hard_remove         immediate removal (don't hide files)
    -o use_ino             let filesystem set inode numbers
    -o readdir_ino         try to fill in d_ino in readdir
    -o direct_io           use direct I/O
    -o kernel_cache        cache files in kernel
    -o [no]auto_cache      enable caching based on modification times (off)
    -o umask=M             set file permissions (octal)
    -o uid=N               set file owner
    -o gid=N               set file group
    -o entry_timeout=T     cache timeout for names (1.0s)
    -o negative_timeout=T  cache timeout for deleted names (0.0s)
    -o attr_timeout=T      cache timeout for attributes (1.0s)
    -o ac_attr_timeout=T   auto cache timeout for attributes (attr_timeout)
    -o intr                allow requests to be interrupted
    -o intr_signal=NUM     signal to send on interrupt (10)
    -o modules=M1[:M2...]  names of modules to push onto filesystem stack

    -o max_write=N         set maximum size of write requests
    -o max_readahead=N     set maximum readahead
    -o async_read          perform reads asynchronously (default)
    -o sync_read           perform reads synchronously
    -o atomic_o_trunc      enable atomic open+truncate support
    -o big_writes          enable larger than 4kB writes
    -o no_remote_lock      disable remote file locking

-Sam