Re: Policy loading problem

On Wed, 2009-05-20 at 22:57 +0800, Dennis Wronka wrote:
> Okay, here we go:
>
> I unmounted /selinux and then got this:
> load_policy: Can't load policy: Invalid argument
>
> I attached my kernel-config and the two traces (trace1 for the "Device or
> resource busy"-error, trace2 for the "Invalid argument"-error).

Ahem.  Your kernel config has these SELinux options:
CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX=y
# CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_BOOTPARAM is not set
# CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_DISABLE is not set
# CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_DEVELOP is not set
CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_AVC_STATS=y
CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_CHECKREQPROT_VALUE=1
# CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_POLICYDB_VERSION_MAX is not set

Note that your kernel config does not support:
1) The selinux= kernel boot parameter
(CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_BOOTPARAM),
2) The ability to disable SELinux from /sbin/init based on
SELINUX=disabled in /etc/selinux/config
(CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_DISABLE),
3) Permissive mode (CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_DEVELOP)

Is that what you intended?  IOW, you cannot boot permissive, and the
load policy logic is failing when it tries to switch to permissive mode
(write to /selinux/enforce).

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency