RE: Encrypted kernel

Title: Encrypted kernel

>>>Under non-network environment, I think that the encryption is not a

>>>necessary part of operating system! If os can provide perfect access

>>>control mechanism, confidential data will be protected from compromise.

I doubt! There are tools like ‘John the Ripper’ and similar ones that can gain the ‘root’ access on the file system. So in the non-network environment if a normal user logs in to the system, he can destroy it using such tools.

And practically a Linux Box without a network is a *dream* J

Best Regards,

Gurpreet Singh Sachdeva