Re: [Redhat-s390-list] Redhat rhsetup & dasd problem

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 11:31:54PM -0400, Sue Sivets wrote:
> Florian, setting the terminal type to vt100 appears to have fixed the terminal
> problem. Now I'm getting the following messages:

Please give us the output from "echo $TERM", then we can add support for your
original setting into the next upload.

> /bin/rhsetup[129]: sort: not found
> /bin/rhsetup[130]: mv: not found
> Mounting filesystems...
> mount: RPC: Timed out
> umount: /mnt/source: not mounted
> No Red Hat directory structure found.
> Stopped installation. No cleanup is done!
>
> What is the setup process looking for that is causing the "No Red Hat
> directory structure found" message? The files I downloaded are on a Win98
> machine and the directory structure is as follows:
> C:\download3\Red
>                               \boot
>                               \Redhat
>                                     \base
>                                     \Rpms

Seems you try to install with NFS. I suspect your Win98 machine has no
NFS-server, so you should try to start an ftp-server on it and select an
ftp-installation.

Let us know if that works.

Florian La Roche

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]