Re: [Redhat-s390-list] nfs-root alternative

On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 03:47:46PM +0100, Rob van der Heij wrote:

> > Sure, would be another option to install things from instead of the
> > NFS-root. If you send in patches to our current "linuxrc", I'll be
> > glad to add them. Otherwise I'll put this on the TODO list.
>
> ,-) I should learn to expect such an answer...  I think the install

Sorry, but the next release currently eats all our devel cycles. :-)

> script in the nfs-root is mounting the wrong disk for the /mnt/source
> and that was probably preventing it from running.
> There also seems to be a heavy mismatch between the README file and
> the code (with the environment variables in parameter file)

We'll update this. Though if you look at the source, it is pretty
obvious how things work. :-)

> Adding install more install options appears to confuse most of the
> people so we should be careful not to add too many alternatives.
> Right now I am hacking the boot record such that you can use OS/390
> to prepare a volume to ipl the kernel + ramdisk so they would not
> need to make a tape anymore.

Right. We should try to add a minimal set of parameters to support
all those different install methods.

Thanks a lot,

Florian La Roche

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]