Re: [Redhat-s390-list] nfs-root alternative

> Sure, would be another option to install things from instead of the
> NFS-root. If you send in patches to our current "linuxrc", I'll be
> glad to add them. Otherwise I'll put this on the TODO list.

,-) I should learn to expect such an answer...  I think the install
script in the nfs-root is mounting the wrong disk for the /mnt/source
and that was probably preventing it from running.
There also seems to be a heavy mismatch between the README file and
the code (with the environment variables in parameter file)

Adding install more install options appears to confuse most of the
people so we should be careful not to add too many alternatives.
Right now I am hacking the boot record such that you can use OS/390
to prepare a volume to ipl the kernel + ramdisk so they would not
need to make a tape anymore.

Rob

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]