Re: [Redhat-s390-list] nfs-root alternative

(I had not expected your 'reply-to' being forwarded my mailman)

Rich Smrcina wrote:

> Hi, Rob, fancy meeting you here....

I checked the distribution list yesterday, so my suprise was less.

> I wouldn't mind seeing an FTP install option.  I am running under VM and
> would prefer that since it is easiest to set up.  I don't have any NFS
> Servers running.

On VM it would probably even be simpler to install from a R/O ext2 disk
with all the packages on it. But since it is all rpm that runs there,
I think it is trivial to make it use ftp (over a proxy even) if you want.
Right now I cannot get the install program to work without errors.
There is still a lot of rough edges on the code and documentation of
that part.

Rob

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]