RE: rpmbuild -t? tarball options

Thanks anyway.

> As rpm 4.2 is pretty old (2003) I assume you are using AIX or Hpux or
> any of the other Unixes (who are probably shipping their own version of
> tar). So I doubt anyone is interested fixing this issue. It is probably
> easier to just use rpm -b after extracting the spec file from the
> tarball and copying it to the SPECS directory on your own.

As it turns out, I am using GNU tar 1.26.

I can accept (and actually already implement) your proposed workaround.

However, the fact that
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora_Draft_Documentation/0.1/html/RPM_Guide/ch11s02s02.html
don't really get this to work either seems to indicate that other people are having problems
here too.  Do you know if the feature works for an up-to-date version of rpmbuild?

If so, would it be possible to document more clearly where the spec file needs to reside
in the sources?

Regards

Konrad