RE: Reading file list from .spec files in Python

 Hello!

> I don't mean to discourage your project.  I often end up scrapping
> dynamic file lists when porting an RPM to a new system, and just
> creating a manual list (from the install directory).  So while perfect
> emulation may not be feasible, it will be a very useful tool.

 I decided to try to go an alternate way, and first tests show that it's at
lease feasible. The idea is to build an RPM up to %install stage, generate
file list, and then use it to create Cygwin native package. This approach
require no changes to the RPM APIs.
 Some heuristics is still required in order to process dependencies and
pre/post scriptlets.

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Expert Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia