Re: Reading file list from .spec files in Python

On 23-01-2015 15:00, Stuart Gathman wrote:
On 01/23/2015 10:21 AM, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
On Fri, 23 Jan 2015, Pavel Fedin wrote:

The %files list is dynamic, and can even be computed in %build (often
done for python packages).

I have re-read RPM manual. Are you talking about %file -f blah here ? If
so, this is not a problem because cygport also supports picking up file
lists. The only thing to do would be to filter out directives like
%mode,
%doc, etc.

Yes, but also wildcards in the filenames expand according to whatever
was installed in the %install section.  And, just to tweak your nose,
the filenames contain macros, like %{_mandir}, and the macros can
be programmatically defined (via mini embedded shell script) when the
spec file is run.
I don't mean to discourage your project.  I often end up scrapping
dynamic file lists when porting an RPM to a new system, and just
creating a manual list (from the install directory).  So while perfect
emulation may not be feasible, it will be a very useful tool.  Tweaking
%files in a spec is small price to pay for a leg up in creating a new
package.

+1 against dynamic file lists.
On top of what Stuart said, most of the softwares that I package change the amount and name of files between versions, so tweaking the %files section is easier ( for me ) than regenerating the file lists.

[ ]'s