Re: How to install RPM as a user, root installation not allowed

Hi Panu,

We built software stack of ~250 RPMs, which is later installed on user machines and GRID sites. That stack also includes standard linux packages, e.g., zlib.

Here is the patch we use on 4.8.0: http://cmssw.cvs.cern.ch/cgi-bin/cmssw.cgi/COMP/CMSDIST/rpm-4.8.0-remove-chroot-check.patch?revision=1.1

Where are more patches, and some of them seems to be already in latest RPM.

david