Re: Moderation test

On Dec 17, 2008, at 12:18 PM, Florian Festi wrote:

Jeff Johnson wrote:
No reason for moderating my posts other than that "They can." has been
supplied.

... now what is the reason for moderating my posts?

Aswering users' questions in a way suitable for an rpm5.org list[1] has earned you this moderation flag. This is an rpm.org mailing list and any posts that are not relating to rpm.org are off topic[2]. Promoting other packaging software is definitely off topic. If you want to advertise rpm5
use an rpm5.org mailing list, please!

Correct. Please note my recent (but not yet through moderator approval)
changes removing all mention of @rpm.org, citing only RFE's @bugzilla.redhat.com, specifically answering user questions seen on <rpm-list@xxxxxxx>, and pointing
out irrelevancies where needed.

But perhaps those demonstrable behavior changes are still not yet
conformant with <rpm-list@xxxxxxx> moderation policies.

I can/will certainly adapt (and apologize if necessary) if I inadvertently do not conform to policies that I did not know existed until this morning.

73 de Jeff

Florian

[1] Latest example:
    http://lists.rpm.org/pipermail/rpm-list/2008-December/000075.html
[2] https://www.redhat.com/archives/rpm-list/2008-October/ msg00022.html

Neither of those lists chose to have a moderation policy applied to @rpm5.org
members AFAIK.

Certainly, state the <rpm-list@xxxxxxx> policy publically if you desire, and I will conform.
I would suggest wording like
All discussion of RPM implementations other than @rpm.org is subject to moderation. to clarify the situation and prevent others from accidentally discovering that they are subject to moderation. I certainly was unaware of <rpm- list@xxxxxxx> explcitly strict guidelines forbidding general discussion of RPM when I joined this list.

73 de Jeff