Re: Didactic spec file suggestions?

Adrián Márques wrote:
Hi all,

I'm just starting with RPM packaging. I've been reading around a lot and everyone recommends learning from working spec files of other projects. I've also read comments about how it is not uncommon to find 'bad rpm practices' in some of these. Right now I'm checking out spec files at random from JPackage (I have to package a java app).

Do any of you have suggestions on what freely-available spec files are worth checking out for a newcomer?

Take a look at the Fedora project packaging guidelines.
Install rpmlint and use it to check your src.rpm and compiled rpms.

Be aware - not all errors or warnings rpmlint finds are valid, but very often they are.