Re: Files listed twice question

Firstly, thank you for your answer Valery.

I didn't think of including this in my previous mail, but your comments tells me it's relevant: I'm using rpm version 4.4.2 on CentOS 5.2.

Did I mention I'm the epitome of laziness? I've read about using find to auto generate the file list, but then I'd have to 1) make the script and 2) run it for every release prior to packaging. Whereas the individual files are bound to change significantly between releases, the config dirs are pretty much fixed, so a setup like the one I had in mind would be a one-time deal which I could unscrupulously copy/paste for all future releases, thus taking me a step closer towards doing absolutely nothing in exchange for my salary, which is my ultimate goal in life.

I'm afraid I might not have understood what you meant by:

>> It allows cross-check between installation files into build-root and filelist

you mean there's those extra checks such as that if I list a file that is missing in the build-root the build will fail, and if the opposite happens I'll be warned that there are files I haven't listed in my build-root? If so, I can't see the benefit, since (as I understood it) I'd be running the find script to list whatever files end up in my build root anyway, so in effect, there'd be no difference to globbing regarding what files I'm including. If possible, please clarify this a bit for me in the very likely case that I'm missing something.

As I gathered from past discussions the good thing about listing files explicitly was that you could easily compare spec files to find out what changed between releases. Are there other advantages?

All that being said, my original questions still stand. Can the warnings be ignored? Is there a better way of doing what I want without explicitly listing files?

Thank you all.

Adrián.