Re: Files listed twice question

--- On Wed, 9/24/08, Adrián Márques <amarques@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Adrián Márques <amarques@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Files listed twice question
> To: rpm-list@xxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Wednesday, September 24, 2008, 9:28 PM
> Hi there,
>
> I'm an absolute newbie trying to package an application
> with RPM for the
> first time and would like to mark some files as config
> files.
> The top directory of this aplication has several files and
> directories,
> only two of which hold config files. Thus, I'm doing
> something like this
> in my spec file:
>
> %files
> /usr/local/myAppTopDir/
> %config /usr/local/myAppTopDir/configDir1/*
> %config /usr/local/myAppTopDir/configDir2/*
>
> Obviously, this generates several 'file listed
> twice' warnings. However,
> I queried the generated rpm and didn't find anything
> wrong with it. All
> config files where included and correctly marked as config
> files.
>
> So my questions are: can I safely ignore these warnings or
> listing files
> twice like I have causes a problem I'm not seeing now?
> is there a better
> way to do what I want?
>
> I have been looking through the list archives so I know
> many of you
> would advice me to explicitly list all files. I know this
> would take
> care of this particular problem, but I don't want to do
> that unless I
> really have to, since I find globbing significantly more
> practical in
> this case.
It's strange that it's only warning at least before it was error.

I personally prefer am list file explicit. It'sallows cross-check between installation files into build-root and filelist.
If you haven't too much files I suggest explicitly list them. If you have too much you can use find to generate filelist on the fly.

Valery