Re: Building rpms with make

On Dec 19, 2007 11:51 AM, Richard Siddall <cobalt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, I never mentioned CVS, or SVN.  Or Gnome.  Or Fedora.  I just want
to build a set of RPMs for various distros as painlessly and efficiently
as possible.

Yes. Look closely at how RH uses make.common. There are other
peripheral issues like tagging and fetching that are reasonably solved
in RH's make.common. I think PLD uses a build script, not make.
Connectiva's old build system likely does something elegant, perhaps
with make. Too bad Connectiva is no more ...

Sorry for not saying that explicitly.

73 de Jeff