Re: using rpmbuild with cvs sources

On Friday, 14 December 2007, at 16:14:22 (-0500),
Bruce Pennypacker wrote:

> We have an environment where we have a number of applications being
> stored in CVS. They're historically for Solaris, designed for
> Solaris package management. I'm in the process of starting to set up
> some of this to build for our growing linux base. I can build the
> packages manually, and I'd like to wrap them up as RPM's, but I'm
> stuck on the proper way of identifying the sources in my .spec
> file. I really don't want to have to write wrappers for each project
> to simply do a cvs checkout and gzip it just so rpmbuild can then
> unzip it and build it. Is there a good (preferably simple) way of
> having rpmbuild simply check out an entire cvs project tree as the
> source rather than trying to grab and unzip a package?

Mezzanine (http://beta.kainx.org/wiki/view/Mezzanine) was originally
designed to pull sources out of CVS and build them using an external
configuration file (called a "product" file) as its only guide.  It
can even generate source tarballs for you if given appropriate
instructions.

If you're interested, we can speak off-list.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <mej@xxxxxxxxx>
Linux Server/Cluster Admin, LBL.gov       Author, Eterm (www.eterm.org)