using rpmbuild with cvs sources

Hi all,

We have an environment where we have a number of applications being stored in CVS. They're historically for Solaris, designed for Solaris package management. I'm in the process of starting to set up some of this to build for our growing linux base. I can build the packages manually, and I'd like to wrap them up as RPM's, but I'm stuck on the proper way of identifying the sources in my .spec file. I really don't want to have to write wrappers for each project to simply do a cvs checkout and gzip it just so rpmbuild can then unzip it and build it. Is there a good (preferably simple) way of having rpmbuild simply check out an entire cvs project tree as the source rather than trying to grab and unzip a package?

-Bruce