Re: Frustrated trying to build beecrypt & rpm on a Debian system whereI'm not root

On Nov 25, 2007 4:41 PM, Mike Meyer <mwm-keyword-rpm.43b295@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 15:21:25 -0600 "Paul Johnson" <pauljohn32@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> Can you make sure that createrepo is using the Python you think it
> should? That's the only explanation I can think of for the error you
> quoted earlier.

YES! That's it.  createrepo is just this:

#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/share/createrepo/genpkgmetadata.py "$@"

But the programs called by createrepo had the /usr/bin/python hard
coded in, so it was accessing 2.3's executable but it was trying to
use libs for 2.4.

After fixing that, now I'm back full circle to the original problem.
I build & install the rpm python modues under
$HOME/packages/lib/python2.4, but even though I add that directory to
$PYTHONPATH, then the run of create repo  fails because it cannot find
the module "rpm".

> Where can I find a copy of creatrepo (assuming it's python)?

I got the createrepo stuff from an RPM in Scientific Linux 5

createrepo-0.4.4-2.fc6.noarch

from the SRPM file in their server is just the one from fedora core 6,
ftp://linux.fnal.gov/linux/scientific/50/SRPMS/vendor/createrepo-0.4.4-2.fc6.src.rpm

But you can get the newer one here.

http://mirror.cogentco.com/pub/linux/fedora/linux/releases/8/Everything/source/SRPMS/createrepo-0.4.10-1.fc8.src.rpm

In case you just want a quick glance at one of their programs, I'm
attaching an original, unchanged version of genpkgmetadata.py for your
convenience.

pj

--
Paul E. Johnson