Re: Frustrated trying to build beecrypt & rpm on a Debian system whereI'm not root

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 06:31:58 -0500 "Johri, Mayank (GTI)" <mayank_johri@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Paul,
>
> It should be
> from os.path import curdir,... Instead of from os.path import (curdir,

The "(curdir, ..." is from python 2.5, and causes the next line to be
a continuation line (standard python parsing: an open paren always
does that). That is, it probably said something like:

from os.path import (curdir, pardir, sep, pathsep, defpath, extsep,
      altsep, join)

and you'll want to change it to

from os.path import curdir, pardir, sep, pathsep, defpath, extsep, altsep, join

or

from os.path import curdir, pardir, sep, pathsep, defpath, extsep, \
      altsep, join

Of course, that this is in their sources means they haven't tested
against 2.4, so you may encounter more such problems. In this case,
the "What's new in 2.5" (http://docs.python.org/whatsnew/whatsnew25.html)
is probably worth reading.

   <mike

Mike Meyer <mwm@xxxxxxxxx>		http://www.mired.org/consulting.html