Re: packaging the file system for Solaris and rpm 4.4.9

Adding --noorphandirs (or --nolinktos for the other new implicit dependency)
wrapping rpm with a popt alias (or even shell) is always available.

I'm guessing you meant --noparentdirs? I've been using it for testing purposes and works nicely in a pinch.
There are ongoing efforts to make the behavior configurable in
rpm-4_5 for "everywhere compatible" behavior. On Solaris you
can always patch to disable the 2 bits and rebuild. I'd send you
the patch but there are too many flip-flop variant diddles over
the last year. All I can say is that its easy to disable 2 bits ...

That would be great to have it configurable in 4.5. For now I think we're just going to have a skeleton system provided by our current vpkgs. They need some tweaking for this, but I'll only have to do it once, and this method sounds like the best way to go at it.

Thanks,
-Dave