Re: compiling rpm 4.4.4 on Solaris 2.9

Quoting Jeff Johnson <n3npq.jbj@xxxxxxxxx>:

On Jan 16, 2006, at 12:10 PM, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:

I'm compiling (attempting to) rpm 4.4.4 on Solaris 2.9 system. Run into some trouble, and am slowly fixing it.

Just wondering has anybody managed to compile the thing under  Solaris 2.9?

Nobody has looked at rpm on solaris for quite a while now. rpm used gto build just fine
on my teensy solaris 2.5 box.

Well it dosn't build on Solaris anymore...

Couple more things I found out and were able to fix:

In rpmdb directory, rpmdb.h includes db.h file. However it uses its own copy of db.h, not the one from db3 directory. db.h is system dependent (generated during db3/db4 build). Seems rpmdb/db.h is copy from Linux, so it doesn't fly on Solaris. "cp db3/db.h rpmdb/db.h" solves the problem. Either this "cp" should be part of Makefile, or there should not be db.h in rpmdb (use the one in db3 directory).

rpmdb/rpmdb.c is missing #include <signal.h>. Seems something else includes this file on Linux. On Solaris it must be included explicitly.

Now, one thing I wasn't able to fix yet. The sysconf on Solaris doesn't have _SC_ULONG_MAX and _SC_UINT_MAX. They are referenced from lib/rpmds.c file (around line 2430). Not sure what the code around them does exactly and what I can replace them with on Solaris. Any hints?