Re: SPEC: How to specify package ARCH for REQUIRES?

Christian.Rohrmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

yeah, you are right: RPM definately knows what Arch the package is for.

Still a mystery as to how define it in the SPEC...

I contemplated something really ugly like: in the %post script, I could use
Yum to install the "dependent" packages! Yum can handle things like
libstdc++.i386 and libstdc++.x86_64. But it seems to be absosmurfly
horrendous to make an RPM that calls a packmanager-front end, like Yum, to
install its own dependencies! =(

Grab a "heavy" spec like Mandriva's OpenLDAP 2.3 or Simon J. Mudd's Red
Hat Postfix 2.2 spec (the latter probably only available in his srpm)
and see how those writers address different architectures. Good to
remember, that with many "heavy" spec files, several writers may have
contributed, so that - especially with the OL spec file - you may get a
platefull of spaghetti to deal with. Nevertheless, they're the best form
of learning I know of (that method's known as "cheesing off someone
else" in English schoolboy slang :)

--Tonni

--
Mail: tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx