Re: SPEC: How to specify package ARCH for REQUIRES?

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 11:36 +0200, Christian.Rohrmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:
> Hallo All,
>
> OS: RHEL 3 AS
> Arch: X86_64

> More Detailed Information:
> I am trying to make a virtual package that, when installed, brings in a
> number of other packages. The packages are requirements for some other
> software: Oracle has specified that the following packages need to be
> installed:

For most cases in packages library requirements are picked up
automatically and marked correctly:

eg:

libstdc++.so.6
libstdc++.so.6()(64bit)

> make
> gcc.x86_64
> gcc-c++.x86_64
> libstdc++.i386
> libstdc++.x86_64
> etc.

Require the library provides from said package in your virtual package,
as if they'd been created automatically using the (64bit) style eg:

Requires: libstdc++.so.6()(64bit)
Requires: libstdc++.so.6

For gcc you could do:

Requires: /usr/bin/x86_64-redhat-linux-gcc

> then, using Yum for example, or APT, or whatever, the package won't install
> because there is no such package "libstdc++.i386" for example.

Yes Requires has no ".arch" concept.  Library and file requires will get
you where you need to be.

Paul