Re: Time in %changelog

Panu Matilainen wrote:
On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 16:22 -0700, Dan Trainor wrote:

Hello, all -

Anyone know if it's possible to insert a time, along with the date, in a
%changelog entry?  I know that the date specification in %changelog is
very tempermental, so I didn't even know if a time in the %changelog
would even be possible.

The changelog time entry is stored as seconds since unix epoch but the
time is hardwired to noon at GMT inside rpm.
I have seen funny things with dates changing depending on the timezone in which the RPM is built. If I build a package in Melbourne Australia (GMT+10) the changelog ends up different than if it is built in the US (GMT-8?). I guess if I build the rpm, the changes end up at noon the next day?

http://www.redhat.com/archives/rpm-list/2003-November/msg00042.html

John.

 So no, you can't store a
time there and have it in the changelogtime entry. The changelogname tag
isn't parsed for correctness so you can put stuff in there - anything
that comes after the date goes there so you can have something like this
if it rocks your boat :)
* Tue Jun 28 2005 09:33:16 Joe Packager <joe.packager@xxxxxxx>
- update to 0.1.2.3

	- Panu -